Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ron's first solo to Wrightsville Beach



After the survey but while still awaiting insurance coverage, so that I could assume ownership, Derek agreed to allow me to stay on DT.  We launched her from the Core Creek boatyard and motored her up to Matthew's Point on Clubfoot Creek.  Joe Naset, Derek's broker and a terrific guy, made arrangements to berth Dawn Trader at the most favorable rate.  Having been in a motel for weeks, this was good news and gave me a chance to know my soon to be, own little ship.

We finally got the sale closed and then Derek assisted me in getting DT down to Beaufort, retracing our wake past Core Creek.  We spent a few days making Dawn Trader ready for sea before I set out for Wrightsville Beach alone on September 21.  This was the beginning of the approximately seven hundred miles back to Palm Beach County Florida during the peak of the hurricane season.  Derek was to meet me in Wrightsville Beach in three days and crew for me offshore to St.Mary's Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment